Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Lovin my Girl Crush! Solange


I don’t know about you, but I’ve always loved Ms. Solange Knowles' style. Beyonce’s little sister brought it last year and has completely outdone herself on the fashion scene. She has a style sense which is unique, dope and fly all at the same time. Sometimes I wonder why Beyonce didn’t adopt a similar wardrobe? Then I think to myself, they have to separate themselves from one another in order to be successful. I guess it’s time for lil sis to shine now.


 

Looking back at photos of Solange, I loved every single ensemble she’s worn in 2012. She’s not afraid to step outside of the box by mixing prints with colors or combining different styles to create an eclectic look. Her most memorable outfits consist of African inspired designs with a classic twist and usually include eye-catching accessories that enhance her style to whole new level. It’s such an innovative approach to fashion which I’ve never witnessed before.

 
 

Solange’s "Poodle Pusher” Style Team was introduced to the Fashion World several years ago. The media couldn’t help but figure out who was responsible for creating the amazing looks we see every time Solange graces the Red Carpet. Just in case you don’t know the sister duo, Ogo & Chichi Offodile...they are the style geniuses behind Solange’s signature look. These young ladies have a professional background in IT computer industry, but are a pair of the dopest personal stylist I've ever known. They were raised in Nigeria, but currently reside in New York where they are fairly new to the fashion industry. With little or no fashion experience they booked a gig to style Solange several years ago and from that point on it was 'all she wrote'!

Ogo & Chichi’s outfit creations speak for themselves and are always unpredictable. I can’t wait until they style me in the near future *Wishful Thinking. Check out their portfolio on their website http://www.poodlepusher.com . Mark my word, these Fashionista’s will be around for a long time! I’m willing to bet money on it! Great Job Ladies, Keep up the Good Work!

3 comments: